RETScreen Expert Software is an intelligent decision support tool to enable stakeholders to rapidly identify, assess, optimize and track the performance of clean energy investments over the entire project life cycle.The software can be used to evaluate:
- Clean energy options
- The energy production, savings and costs
- Financial viability and risk for renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies
- GHG Emission reductions
- The performance of implemented projects
Added Value of CIET RETScreen Expert Training
- Intructors among the most experienced EE trainers in Canada;
- FREE, fully functional 90-day trial subscription in the days before the training session (value of $200);
- Extremely hands-on and interactive (bring your laptop!) training with several case studies;
- You receive up to 6 Canadian Sustainable Energy Professional (CSEP) points toward a CSEP Distinction;
- CIET provides an attendance certificate including 1.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Participants will develop their skills in the analysis of all types of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Further, they will develop a sound understanding of the new analysis functions provided by the software, such as the Virtual Energy Analyzer and the Portfolio Analysis Module as well as the monitoring of energy performance data. Upon training completion, participants will be able to:
- Quickly gauge a facility’s energy performance using benchmarking, and evaluate energy costs and savings, GHG reductions and financing viability;
- Determine the energy production and savings potential for any location in the world employing Archetypes;
- Verify the performance of implemented projects and find opportunities for further energy improvements;
- Manage energy across a large number of facilities and achieve energy-related investment goals using the Portfolio Analysis.
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for the following clientele:
- Building owners, industry managers or technical experts
- Engineering firms or professional firms specialized in energy efficiency
- ESCO employees
- Employees responsible for EE program evaluation and operation
- Four 10-question quizzes
- Final 3hr-master case study using most RETScreen Expert features
Stephen Dixon is a freelance energy consultant. As Principal of TdS Dixon Inc., of St. Jacobs, Ontario, he brings a practical, hands-on approach to the challenge of developing the energy management capacities of a broad range of institutional, commercial and industrial organizations. Stephen has accumulated more than 35 years of energy management experience, including more than 800 energy assessments and the facilitation of over 1,700 energy management workshops. Stephen holds an M.A.Sc. in Systems Design Engineering from the University of Waterloo and a B.Sc. in Physics from UPEI.
Stephen’s extensive experience with RETScreen began with his significant contributions to the design and development of RETScreen’s energy efficiency models in RETScreen v4. Subsequently, Stephen’s popular Monitoring Targeting & Reporting Tool featuring simple regression and CUUSM functions inspired and informed the development of the RETScreen Plus Performance Analysis tools. Finally, Stephen provided technical support to the development of RETScreen’s newest version RETScreen Expert. Stephen has successfully delivered over 25 RETScreen training sessions and incorporated RETScreen training into more than 100 energy management training workshops.
The course includes...
- On the first training day, you receive your copy of the workbook. This document is included in the course fee.
- Please note that all breakfasts and lunches, as well as the morning and afternoon coffee breaks are also included in the course fee.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may substitute another person in your place without penalty. All cancellations or postponements must be communicated to CIET by email at email@example.com.
- Registrations cancelled more than 4 weeks prior to the course starting date: no penalty.
- Registrations cancelled between 2 and 4 weeks prior to the course starting date will be assessed a $200 administration fee.
- Registrations cancelled 2 weeks or less prior to the course starting date will be assessed 50% of the registration fee.