Exam related information can be found at https://nrcan.ysasecure.com.
- If you wish to register for the exams, you must first complete the «Register» section.
- Then, you can purchase the exams in the « Products » section.
- To find the locations where exams are administered, consult the « Exam Centres» section.
For each of the exams, you are invited to read the appropriate Exam Competency Profiles found in the ERS-EnerGuide Rating System v15/ERS v.15 Competencies section of the File Exchange website. To obtain login details, please contact us at email@example.com. In the Subject section, please write “EG”.
How can I become a licensed Service Organization?
You will find all information on Natural Ressources Canada’s website. Notably, you must:
- Be an individual or legal entity incorporated or registered in Canada;
- Show proof of liability insurance;
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience and knowledge related to energy efficiency and building science in the residential housing sector; and
- Employ key personnel in the organization such as Service Organization Manager(s), Quality Assurance Specialist(s), and Energy Advisor(s) who have successfully passed the relevant NRCan’s exams.
Where can I find reference documents?
To access reference documents such as EnerGuide Rating System v.15, the exam competency profiles as well as Candidate Exam Handbooks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIET has also developed two supplementary study guides to help participants with items identified as the most difficult: Foundation Level Exam Supplementary Study Guide and Energy Advisor Exam Supplementary Study Guide.