RETScreen Expert Software is an intelligent decision support tool to enable stakeholders to rapidly identify, assess, optimize and track the performance of clean energy investments over the entire project life cycle.The software can be used to evaluate:
- Clean energy options
- The energy production, savings and costs
- Financial viability and risk for renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies
- GHG Emission reductions
- The performance of implemented projects
As an approved RETScreen Expert training provider, CIET will provide each participant with a fully functional 90-day trial subscription in the days before the training session (value of $200). In the meantime, participants can download the software in Viewer mode completely free-of-charge.
Participants will develop their skills in the analysis of all types of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Further, they will develop a sound understanding of the new analysis functions provided by the software, such as the Virtual Energy Analyzer and the Portfolio Analysis Module as well as the monitoring of energy performance data. Upon training completion, participants will be able to:
- Quickly gauge a facility’s energy performance using benchmarking, and evaluate energy costs and savings, GHG reductions and financing viability.
- Determine the energy production and savings potential for any location in the world employing Archetypes.
- Verify the performance of implemented projects and find opportunities for further energy improvements.
- Manage energy across a large number of facilities and achieve energy-related investment goals using the Portfolio Analysis.
- Automate and link data sources and other software tools directly with RETScreen Expert using the RETScreen Connect advanced scripting tool.
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for the following clientele:
- Building owners, industry managers or technical experts
- Engineering firms or professional firms specialized in energy efficiency
- ESCO employees
- Employees responsible for EE program evaluation and operation
- Four 10-question quizzes
- A final 3-hour master case study using most RETScreen Expert features