This session is offered in French.
RETScreen Expert Software is an intelligent decision support tool to enable stakeholders to rapidly identify, assess, optimize and track the performance of clean energy investments over the entire project life cycle.The software can be used to evaluate:
- Clean energy options
- The energy production, savings and costs
- Financial viability and risk for renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies
- GHG Emission reductions
- The performance of implemented projects
Added Value of CIET RETScreen Expert Training
- FREE, fully functional 90-day trial subscription in the days before the training session (value of $200);
- Extremely hands-on and interactive (bring your laptop!) training with several case studies;
- You receive up to 6 Canadian Sustainable Energy Professional (CSEP) points toward a CSEP Distinction;
- CIET provides an attendance certificate including 1.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Energy and GHG Management Training Program for federal employees: Gratis!
This course is eligible for the Energy and GHG Management Training Program offered by the NRCan’s Greening Government Support Services to federal employees. If you want to attend this course, please send an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants will develop their skills in the analysis of all types of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Further, they will develop a sound understanding of the new analysis functions provided by the software, such as the Virtual Energy Analyzer and the Portfolio Analysis Module as well as the monitoring of energy performance data. Upon training completion, participants will be able to:
- Quickly gauge a facility’s energy performance using benchmarking, and evaluate energy costs and savings, GHG reductions and financing viability;
- Determine the energy production and savings potential for any location in the world employing Archetypes;
- Verify the performance of implemented projects and find opportunities for further energy improvements;
- Manage energy across a large number of facilities and achieve energy-related investment goals using the Portfolio Analysis.
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for the following clientele:
- Building owners, industry managers or technical experts
- Engineering firms or professional firms specialized in energy efficiency
- ESCO employees
- Employees responsible for EE program evaluation and operation
- Four 10-question quizzes
- Final 3hr-master case study using most RETScreen Expert features
Michel Parent has a Bachelor’s (Laval – 1986) and a Master’s degree (Waterloo – 1988, Solar Energy) in Mechanical Engineering. From 1988 to 1990, he was in charge of the Solar Laboratory at the National Institute of Scientific Research in Varennes. He then joined the Energy Group at the Industrial Research Center of Quebec from 1991 until 1996. Since 1996, M. Parent is a partner in a consulting engineering firm, Technosim, specializing in energy efficiency. Technosim has offices in Quebec and Ontario.
Mr. Parent is specialized in energy efficiency in the commercial, institutional and industrial sectors. He has performed numerous audits across North America, which were used in developing long term energy management plans. Mr. Parent is an Existing Building Recommissioning (EB Cx) Agent and has performed recommissioning for over 5 million square foot of office and retail properties across Canada. He is a certified Existing Building Commissioning Professional (EBCP). Mr. Parent is a lead trainer for the Advanced Recommissioning Course developed for the Canadian Federal Government. Mr. Parent is also a Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) and has developed and implemented many M&V plans compliant with the IMPVP standard. He has also worked on M&T projects implementation to insure continuous improvements to building efficiencies within the context of his EB Cx projects. Mr. Parent has developed training modules for large corporate clients to insure persistence of savings following EB Cx projects as well as on-going improvements. Mr. Parent was also retained by OEE to develop and pilot the introductory recommissioning courses. Mr. Parent is also recognized as an expert energy simulator by LEED and has performed many LEED simulations as well as third party reviews of energy simulations. Mr. Parent has performed over 100 reviews of EE4/eQuest simulations, including many required for LEED submissions. Mr. Parent is a recognized LEED technical reviewer. He is one of the three trainers, recognized by the Office of Energy Efficiency (OEE), in the use of the simulation tool EE4 used for LEED applications. Furthermore, he was contracted by Natural Resources Canada to evaluate the possible adaptations and usefulness of using Portfolio Manager within the Canadian market as a recommissioning tool.
Mr. Parent has been involved with RETScreen since its initial development. He has been in charge of developing the ground source heat pump module for RETScreen as well as being a technical reviewer for the solar (air and water) heating module, the wind energy module and photovoltaic modules of the initial versions of RETScreen. Mr. Parent is also an experienced RETScreen user, having been using the tool since its initial development until today in numerous feasibility analysis studies for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.
The course includes...
Please note that breakfast, lunch, as well as morning and afternoon coffee breaks are included in the course fee.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may substitute another person in your place without penalty. All cancellations or postponements must be communicated to CIET by email at email@example.com.
- Registrations cancelled more than 4 weeks prior to the course starting date: no penalty.
- Registrations cancelled between 2 and 4 weeks prior to the course starting date will be assessed a $200 administration fee.
- Registrations cancelled 2 weeks or less prior to the course starting date will be assessed 50% of the registration fee.