This course is presented in partnership with Energy Efficiency Alberta. Energy Efficiency Alberta covers 50% of the course fees for residents of Alberta. (The prices announced are already discounted.)
CAN-QUEST is a Canadian adaptation of eQUEST. This powerful energy modelling software can assess and demonstrate performance path compliance with the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2011 (NECB 2011). It can also be used to support the design of high performance commercial and institutional buildings. This introductory workshop will provide specific training on the software and explore its features as well as the modelling process.
Energy and GHG Management Training Program for federal employees: Gratis!
This course is eligible for the Energy and GHG Management Training Program offered by the NRCan’s Greening Government Support Services to federal employees. If you want to attend this course, please send an email at: email@example.com
This course aims at providing the energy-related design decision makers with the knowledge required for energy model development process using CAN-QUEST. Upon training completion, participants will be able to:
Prepare an energy model in CAN-QUEST
Create zoning diagrams
Understand DOE reporting and calculations
Use CAN-QUEST as a compliance tool
Who should attend?
This short thematic course is ideal for the following clientele:
- Energy-related design decision makers
- Energy modellers
- Electrical engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Engineers and technicians
CIET has been granted the only commercial licence by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) to deliver CAN-QUEST software training in Canada.
- Introduction – What is CAN-QUEST?
- Design Development Wizard (multi-shell Wizard)
- Project and Site Data (building type, location, seasons, utilities and rates)
- Shells and Zoning (building shells, 3D-viewer, zoning principles, space types, importing custom footprints and zoning)
- Envelope (building up a wall and a roof, calculating R-value, walls & floors in contact with ground, windows, custom window placement) → Exercise 1
- Internal and External Loads (lnternal loads, lighting & daylighting, equipment, external loads, domestic hot water and exterior lighting)
- HVAC Systems (available HVAC systems, specifying system details, plant options, DHW equipment and HVAC limitations)
- Running Simulation and Results
- Detailed Interface – Demo
- Case Study and Compliance Run
P.Eng, LEED AP, ASHRAE CPMP, CEM
Andrej is a senior professional mechanical engineer with over 15 years of experience in building systems. He has in-depth knowledge of LEED, energy simulations and commissioning. Andrej strives to help engineers improve their designs, contractors deliver fully operational systems, and building operators acquire advanced knowledge of complex building systems.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may substitute another person in your place without penalty. All cancellations or postponements must be communicated to CIET by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registrations cancelled more than 4 weeks prior to the course starting date: no penalty.
- Registrations cancelled between 2 and 4 weeks prior to the course starting date will be assessed an administration charge of $50.
- Registrations cancelled 2 weeks or less prior to the course starting date will be assessed 50% of the registration fee.