Energy Efficiency Alberta covers 50% of the course fees for residents of Alberta only. The incentive has already been applied on the listed special fee for residents of Alberta.
CAN-QUEST is a Canadian adaptation of eQUEST. This powerful energy modelling software can assess and demonstrate performance path compliance with the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2011 (NECB 2011). It can also be used to support the design of high performance commercial and institutional buildings. This hands-on 2-day advanced workshop will provide specific training on the software and explore its features as well as the modelling process.
Upon training completion, participants will be able to:
- Prepare an energy model in CAN-QUEST
- Use Wizards to set up preliminary models
- Use Detailed Mode for accurate modeling
- Understand DOE reporting and calculations
- Use CAN-QUEST and eQuest as a compliance tool
Who should attend?
This short thematic course is ideal for the following clientele:
- Energy-related design decision makers
- Energy modellers
- Electrical engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Engineers and technicians
CIET has been granted the only commercial licence by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) to deliver CAN-QUEST software training in Canada.
- Wizard – set up the energy model in CanQuest or eQuest
– Project and Site Data (building type, location, seasons)
– Shells and Zoning (building shells, 3D-viewer, zoning principles, space types, importing custom footprints and zoning)
- Run the simulation
- Important Files
- Detailed Interface – execute the energy model
– Creating Schedules in CAN-QUEST
– Envelope (building up a wall, roofs, windows and floors, below-grade construction and reference building envelope)
– Internal Loads (lighting and equipment)
– Water-side HVAC (loops, boilers, chillers, heat rejection, pumps, controls, reference building)
– Air-side – HVAC (systems basics, fans, outdoor air, cooling, heating)
- Run the Simulation and Results
- Create Compliance Run
- Case Study
P.Eng, LEED AP, ASHRAE CPMP, CEM
Andrej is a senior professional mechanical engineer with over 15 years of experience in building systems. He has in-depth knowledge of LEED, energy simulations and commissioning. Andrej strives to help engineers improve their designs, contractors deliver fully operational systems, and building operators acquire advanced knowledge of complex building systems.
The course includes...
- On the first training day, you receive your copy of the workbook. This document is included in the course fee.
- Please note that all breakfasts and lunches, as well as the morning and afternoon coffee breaks are also included in the course fee.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may substitute another person in your place without penalty. All cancellations or postponements must be communicated to CIET by email at email@example.com.
- Registrations cancelled more than 4 weeks prior to the course starting date: no penalty.
- Registrations cancelled between 2 and 4 weeks prior to the course starting date will be assessed an administration charge of $100.
- Registrations cancelled 2 weeks or less prior to the course starting date will be assessed 50% of the registration fee.