Exam related information is available at https://nrcan.ysasecure.com.
- If you wish to register for the exams, you must first complete the Register section.
- Then, you can purchase the exams in the Products section.
- To find the locations where exams are administered, consult the Exam Centres section.
For each of the exams, you are invited to read the appropriate Exam Competency Profiles found in the ERS-EnerGuide Rating System v15/ERS v.15 Competencies section of the File Exchange website. To obtain login details, please contact us at email@example.com. In the Subject section, please write “EG”.
How can I become a licensed service organization?
You will find all information on Natural Resources Canada’s website. Notably, you must:
- Be an individual or legal entity incorporated or registered in Canada
- Show proof of liability insurance
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience and knowledge related to energy efficiency and building science in the residential housing sector
- Employ key personnel in the organization such as Service Organization Managers, Quality Assurance Specialists, and Energy Advisors who have successfully passed the relevant NRCan exams
Where can I find reference documents?
To access reference documents such as the EnerGuide Rating System v.15, the exam competency profiles as well as Candidate Exam Handbooks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIET has also developed two supplementary study guides to help participants with items identified as the most difficult, namely the Foundation Level Exam Study Guide and Energy Advisor Exam Study Guide.