You should know that:
- The course begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:30 pm according to CST or Central Standard Time (UTC-06:00 US & Canada).
- We will be using the GoToTraining platform, which has great interactive features.
- We will include dedicated time for questions.
- We will take breaks, just as in a real classroom.
- You will receive the login details by email upon registering for the course.
- We recommend that you use computer audio, rather than connecting by phone, if possible, as well as headphones to avoid sound feedback.
CAN-QUEST is a Canadian adaptation of eQUEST. This powerful energy modelling software can assess and demonstrate performance path compliance with the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2011 (NECB 2011). It can also be used to support the design of high performance commercial and institutional buildings.
This introductory workshop provides an overview of NECB-2011 and the CAN-QUEST software.
Who should attend?
This short thematic course is ideal for the following clientele:
- Compliance reviewers
- Code officials
- Employers who hire energy modellers (e.g. architects)
- New energy modellers
CIET has been granted the only commercial licence by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) to deliver CAN-QUEST software training in Canada.
Training Schedule (click the image to see it in full screen)
Dragos Paraschiv is a licensed professional engineer in the Province of Ontario and a LEED Accredited Professional. His experience in energy efficiency includes several European Union projects in the field of energy management, where he was responsible for the development of community energy management plans and pilot projects. Working for a Canadian ESCO, Dragos was involved in the design of commercial mechanical systems, as well as central plants retrofit projects. Consulting services included load calculations, equipment selection, energy analysis and preparation of tender documentation and construction site supervision. Dragos has gained experience in all aspects of Energy Performance Contracting including auditing, design, performance measurement and verification, contract administration and program management. Dragos has a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering and a PhD in Power Engineering.
The course includes...
- You will receive a PDF copy of the training material by email during the week prior to the course.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may send another person in your stead without incurring any penalty. CIET must be advised of any replacement, cancellation or postponement via email at email@example.com.
The following fees apply for:
- Rescheduling your registration to another course:
- At least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: $50 administrative fee;
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 15% of regular course fees.
- Cancelling your registration :
- At least 2 weeks prior to the course : no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the course: $150 administrative fee or 10% of regular course fees (whichever is greater);
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 25% of regular course fees.