The RETScreen® Expert Software is an intelligent decision support tool to enable stakeholders to rapidly identify, assess, optimize and track the performance of clean energy investments over the entire project life cycle for commercial, institutional and industrial buildings.
CIET has developed three training options for professionals looking to develop and expand their understanding and ability to use the software.
Introduction to RETScreen® Expert
- 1-day course
- No experience required
- The Introduction to RETScreen® Expert course was created for newer users of the software, or individuals that are just starting to be involved in the analysis or management of energy use in buildings and facilities. The course features both presentations for our trainers, as well as hands-on use and exercises in RETScreen®.
Certified RETScreen® Expert (CRE)
- 3-day course
- We suggest participants first complete the Intro to RETScreen® Expert course or have previous exposure to RETScreen Expert software
- The goal of the CRE is to build your proficiency with key aspects of RETScreen® such as benchmarking, portfolio analysis and performance verification, culminating with the master case study which serves as a review of the software’s features as well as the basis of the certification exam.
Advanced RETScreen® Professional
- 1-day course
- We advise participants first complete the CRE course or have significant experiencing using the software
- The Advanced RETScreen® Professional course will expose participants to a progressive application of subjects such as feasibility models, performance analysis and non-routine adjustments within the software as they work through activities that are sure to raise their proficiency in RETScreen, allowing them to tackle the most complex projects.