STEP ONE: REGISTER FOR THE COURSE AND EXAM
All candidates seeking an AEE certification (CEM, CMVP, CEA or CBCP) must complete the designated course, pass the exam, and meet the eligibility criteria. You can find all upcoming AEE courses in our CIET calendar here.
STEP TWO: COMPLETE YOUR CERTIFICATION APPLICATION
- After registering for the course, you’ll receive a Registration Confirmation email. Please check your spam folder if you don’t see it in your inbox. That email will contain a link to access our Certification Platform where you will be able to fill out the certification application form. Once you complete the form, please click on Save and then Submit for us to receive it.
- This form is a requirement for all participants taking an AEE exam.
- Your completed application must be received at least five days prior to the start date of your course or exam retake cohort to avoid delays in your certification process.
- All collected forms will be sent to our Local Board and AEE to be reviewed. If you obtain a passing score in your exam and you meet the eligibility criteria, you’ll be granted the AEE certification (CEM, CBCP, CMVP or CEA).
STEP THREE: SCHEDULE YOUR EXAM
- The open book exam will be administered remotely if you attended a real-time virtual course and in-person if you attended an in-person course.
- For the in-person exam, this will be administered on the last day of the course at that same location.
- For the remote exam, you will have two weeks to schedule your exam with Proctor U after finishing the course. You will receive all instructions the week prior to the course. Please wait to receive your official Proctor U invitation email in order to book your exam date and time. To learn more about what to expect from your Proctor U remote exam please click here.
- The official exam results will be sent to each participant by email within 60 days after the exam date. Please do not contact CIET or AEE before this deadline.
Additional Information about AEE Certifications
If you have any questions about a AEE certification, please contact the Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET) at