Spring is here, which means many households are getting ready for their annual Spring cleaning. This year as you’re sprucing up your home, take some time to clean up your energy bill as well. Here are some energy saving tips for your home this Spring.
• Dust off your fans and replace your furnace filter to ensure it will run smoothly and efficiently.
• Clean out the track under any sliding doors. This isn’t always a spot people think to clean, but a clean track is a smooth track, ensuring your doors close properly.
• As the weather warms up, prepare to cool your home with a nice cross-breeze. When you’re cleaning your windows this Spring, make sure they’re in great working order for a Summer breeze. Also, check your windows for any cracks or air leaks. On the days when you want to use your AC, you’ll want to keep hot air outside.
• Sometimes Spring cleaning can turn into an opportunity to do a little redecorating and rearranging. Take a look at your thermostat and any appliances that are in close proximity. Appliances that put off a lot of heat will impact the temperature reading and can cost you more when the AC stays on for longer periods of time. Take this opportunity to rearrange your electronics and appliances.
• Catching up on laundry? Make sure each load is full, and take advantage of the sun as the days heat up, and dry your laundry outside.
• When the snow thaws and your lawn is ready for its first cut, you’re going to want to use an efficiency lawn mower. An electric-powered mower won’t put off greenhouse gases like a gas-powered mower will.
Send us an email and we will respond as soon as possible.
Important COVID-19 Update for CIET Spring 2020 Training Calendar – CIET Goes Virtual!
Last Updated: April 21, 2020
The entire CIET team has been working hard recently to provide new training options for you through virtual real-time classrooms considering the current situation. This will allow everyone to continue accessing CIET training in a safe manner, which protects both our participants and our trainers. You can register for these virtual courses in confidence, knowing that they will provide the same quality of training that you expect from CIET. These real-time training sessions will be available to all participants across Canada.
You can find more information about CIET’s virtual training approach:
You can postpone your registration to a future session if desired, though we cannot yet determine how long the COVID-19 crisis will last. Indications from governments seem to indicate that isolation and travel restrictions might last for longer than we would like. For now, we propose keeping the registrations of all participants active. We will inform you of new dates as they become possible/available, including our new Fall 2020 training dates, which should be announced in May-June. Should you wish to cancel later, we have suspended our cancellation policy and there are no fees for any cancellation effective immediately.
Through all these measures, CIET hopes to provide as much flexibility as possible to training participants while respecting its commitments to other participants, trainers and partners, as well as public health recommendations.
We thank you very much for your trust and collaboration and look forward to welcoming you in our virtual classrooms!
The CIET Team