Help center > Market Recognition of Certification Programs > REA > Why should I become REA?


Why should I become REA?

Energy advisors grasp the central elements of daily duties such as assessing the energy performance of residential homes and providing advice on potential energy savings during the design, construction, and renovation stages. After obtaining the energy advisor designation, new energy advisors affiliated with a licensed service organization will be able to conduct energy evaluations in accordance with NRCan’s EnerGuide Version 15 guidelines, Part 9 on residential buildings, excluding multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs) because these require an additional professional certification.

The audience for this designation is building individuals who have successfully passed the NRCan Foundation Level exam and want to become an energy advisor, service organization staff, HVAC experts, electricians and other technicians, individuals with an interest in energy efficiency and a desire to understand what makes a building comfortable and energy efficient, and construction professionals.


Would you like more information on our training programs and other services? Our customer service team is here to help!


Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET)

100, King Street West, Suite 5600
Toronto, ON, M5X 1C9
Toll free in Canada: 1-800-461-7618
+1(416) 255-2004


For organizations seeking private training, you can book a call with one of our sales representatives to learn more.
Send us your question

Send us an email and we will respond as soon as possible.

This is to inform you that the course date is too close to be able to ship hard copies of the material to you on time. If you are willing to use the material in secured PDF, receive the material later (likely after the course) and pay upon registration, please click OK to continue the registration process. Please note that the shipping process will start only when the course fees are paid in full and delays are to be expected. Many thanks!