More than 14,000 Certified Professionals in North America, including 200+ in Canada
The Building Operator Certification (BOC®) program is an eight-module, nine-day competency – based training and certification program, offering facilities personnel the improved job skills and knowledge to transform workplaces to be more comfortable, energy-efficient and environmentally friendly. The program consists of eight modules delivered in a total of nine days of training.
Each course consists of highly interactive and hands-on classroom training facilitated by very knowledgeable and experienced building professionals, project assignments to be completed at the participant’s facility, and an in-class exam administered at the end of each day of training.
Building operators are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operation of large buildings with complex heating, mechanical and electrical systems – and these offer many opportunities for big energy savings. You and your company can do a lot to make sure that your buildings are operated in the most energy-efficient way possible – increasing tenant comfort, saving money and reducing your environmental footprint.
I enjoyed this course & presentation much more than others in the industry. Very relaxing environment able to culture learning for old & new in the industry (Winnipeg, spring 2016)
- Definitely it is added advantage for building operators (Toronto, fall 2015)
- Very good use of real life examples to relate (Region of Waterloo, winter 2015)
- Great presentation – up to date knowledge! (Toronto, fall 2015)
- Detailed, useful and helpful information provided (Toronto, fall 2015)
- Great info to bring back to workplace and apply to increase savings potential (Kitchener-Wilmot, fall 2015)
- Highly recommended (Toronto, fall 2015)
- Excellent class, learned lots, very important (Kitchener-Wilmot, fall 2015)
- Good place to start writing policies & procedures for our office (Kitchener-Wilmot, fall 2015)
- Eye opening experience (Kitchener-Wilmot, fall 2015)
- All maintenance staff should participate (Toronto, fall 2015)
- It is the best course I have ever had. The professor is professional with amazing presentation skill. He turns a “boring” topic into a vivid way and leads us into the right path to feel, to participate and to make changes. The overall program is really successful for a great topic with everybody’s efforts (Toronto, fall 2015)
- Thank you for organizing this great course. I find it so very interesting and exciting (Toronto, fall 2015)
- The course was really excellent and beneficial – having accreditation and recognition is an added value – exposure to the course components and how we implement is also really important. I would recommend this course to anyone with a building eng/BAS team for sure. Thanks so much and kudos to CIET! (Kitchener-Wilmot, fall 2015)