- The course begins at 9:30 am and ends at 5:00 pm each day, according to CDT or (GMT-06:00) Central [US & Canada] time.
- We will be using the GoToTraining platform, which has great interactive features.
- We will include dedicated time for questions.
- We will take breaks, just as in a real classroom.
- You will receive the login details by email upon registering for the course.
- We recommend that you use computer audio, rather than connecting by phone, if possible, as well as headphones to avoid sound feedback.
Economic circumstances require companies and organizations of all types to improve their cash flow. Luckily, energy is not a fixed cost and can be managed just like any other business operation. This course provides time-tested and applied ways to reduce energy consumption in buildings, notably under varying occupancy levels.
Drawing from the experience of our expert instructors as well as from highly relevant material from NRCan’s Dollars to $ense program, CIET has created a 1-day workshop to help you take control of energy use to improve financial performance and reduce your operational costs.
Upon completion of this workshop and supporting activities, participants will be able to:
- Identify energy savings in the operation and maintenance of buildings;
- Apply a 7-step approach to identify energy savings
- Foster behaviours that reduce energy consumption in their buildings
- Use BAS information appropriately to adjust energy usage to building occupancy
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to all those in charge of energy in commercial and institutional buildings.
Stephen Dixon is a freelance energy consultant. As Principal of TdS Dixon Inc., of St. Jacobs, Ontario, he brings a practical, hands-on approach to the challenge of developing the energy management capacities of a broad range of institutional, commercial and industrial organizations. Stephen has accumulated more than 35 years of energy management experience, including more than 800 energy assessments and the facilitation of over 1,700 energy management workshops. Stephen holds an M.A.Sc. in Systems Design Engineering from the University of Waterloo and a B.Sc. in Physics from UPEI.
Stephen’s extensive experience with RETScreen began with his significant contributions to the design and development of RETScreen’s energy efficiency models in RETScreen v4. Subsequently, Stephen’s popular Monitoring Targeting & Reporting Tool featuring simple regression and CUUSM functions inspired and informed the development of the RETScreen Plus Performance Analysis tools. Finally, Stephen provided technical support to the development of RETScreen’s newest version RETScreen Expert. Stephen has successfully delivered over 25 RETScreen training sessions and incorporated RETScreen training into more than 100 energy management training workshops.
The course includes...
You will receive a PDF copy of the training material by email during the week prior to the course.
If YOU CANNOT ATTEND THE COURSE:
Please inform us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
CIET always has a free registration-postponement policy and is happy to apply it to all types of postponements, including in the current context of the COVID-19 outbreak. If we have another session of the same course on our calendar, we’ll gladly reschedule your registration to that date if desired. If not, we’ll keep your registration and inform you of our new fall 2020 training dates, which should be announced in June. Your registration and payment can then be applied, without additional fees, to any new training session.
Should you still wish to cancel, we’ve temporarily suspended our cancellation policy and there are no fees for any cancellations for the duration of the COVID-19 situation.