By Olivier Cappon
2020 presented an opportunity for many organisations to assess how they operate and make necessary pivots. In doing so, it also presented many with the opportunity to re-evaluate and improve elements of the organisation. Here’s what we’ve been working on and a few things you can expect from CIET in 2021.
It is often stated that Energy Efficiency is about three things: systems & technology, organisations, and people. In the new behaviour change course that we are currently creating, it is the power of people – both individually and collectively – that we will focus on. Behaviour Change is all about engaging people around a common purpose, identifying barriers & benefits to engagement, implementing engaging programs, and of course, celebrating successful outcomes and achievements. Interested in this course? It will be available in early 2021!
After an exhaustive process of updating and revamping the training materials and key subject matter, the Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) program will officially be ready to go in 2021! The CEA’s focus will be on helping participants gain the fundamental knowledge of how to evaluate energy use in a facility and identify where consumption can be reduced through calculations, interviews, and on-site walkthroughs. For more information about the CEA program, and to sign up for our first course under the new format in March 2021, click here.
Starting next year, CIET will be offering a series of short workshops on important and on-trend subjects in Energy Efficiency. Participants will be able to join us for a single session, or for the whole series. The topics to be featured in the series include: Redefining high-performance buildings, Resiliency, Energy Benchmarking, GHG reporting and reduction strategies, Existing building recommissioning, Artificial Intelligence (AI) in buildings, HVAC maintenance & ops best practices and more.
The powerful RETScreen software has been steadily growing in use and in terms of the number of users. In recognition of this growth, and of the fact that RETScreen users all have different starting points, needs, and goals in using the software, we will be introducing two new courses in 2021 in order to be able to offer a full RETScreen learning path, which will include:
If there is one thing that’s come out of the Pandemic, it is how much we are all working and learning from home. In this new reality, many of us have become more aware of the importance of engagement and visual support when we work. This is why CIET has been investing heavily in our training programs to add additional content, update slides and present more infographic and visual learning tools, create study guides for certain courses, extend Q&A times, and create more exercises and topical examples. We look forward to presenting these enhancements to all of you in 2021.
Here’s a look at the most popular news and updates from the CIET blog in 2020. Click a headline to see what it’s all about.
1. CIET Goes Virtual | Online Energy Efficiency Courses Available Across Canada
2. CIET Launches 4 New Energy Efficiency Courses
3. Canada Job Grant Program – Providing Funding For Training – Renewed For Another Year
4. CIET Talks Energy with Robert Greenwald | Video
5. Behind the Poster: Designing an Effective Energy Awareness Program
6. News Release: Government of Canada Invests in Energy Efficiency Training for Canadians
7. Getting the Most Out Of Your Virtual Course | Online Learning Tips
8. Highlighting Energy Consulting & Modelling | Jobs, Training & Hot Topics
9. The Three Percent Club: Targeting A 1% Increase in Energy Efficiency
10. CIET Talks Energy with Eric Mazzi | Video
11. 2019 A Year (and Decade) in Review | Infographic
12. Walking the Energy Management Talk
13. What’s the Difference Between Energy Advisors and Energy Auditors
14. How the COVID-19 Pandemic Ended Up Being An Opportunity for CIET | Case Study
15. How CIET Turned Its Business Model Upside Down in Just 11 Days | Case Study
16. CIET Talks Energy with Rebecca Fiissel | Video
17. Low-Hanging Fruit: 3 Strategies for Accessing the Power of Employees
18. Highlighting Trade Allies & Contractors | Jobs, Training & Hot Topics
19. Success Stories of Building Operator Certification (BOC) Training
20. Highlighting Technical Services: Utilities & Public Sector | Jobs, Training & Hot Topics
Send us an email and we will respond as soon as possible.
COVID-19 Information for CIET Winter-Spring 2021 Training Calendar – CIET Goes Virtual!
Last Updated: January 6, 2021
With more than 90 virtual real-time courses offered since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis under our belt, and based on feedback received from more than 800 participants, CIET is happy to inform that all public training sessions offered in the winter-spring of 2021 will still be delivered through virtual real-time classrooms.
This will allow everyone to continue accessing CIET training in a safe manner, which protects both our participants and our trainers, regardless of what happens with the pandemic. You can register for these virtual courses in confidence, knowing that they will provide the same quality of training that you expect from CIET. These real-time training sessions will be available to all participants across Canada, and abroad.
You can find more information about CIET’s virtual training approach:
Through all these measures, CIET hopes to provide as much flexibility as possible to training participants while respecting its commitments to other participants, trainers and partners, as well as public health recommendations.
We thank you very much for your trust and collaboration and look forward to welcoming you in our virtual classrooms!
The CIET Team