1. There are over 905,000 jobs in Canada’s energy sector (direct and indirect), making up about 5% of the workforce (nrcan.gc.ca)
2. Changes in the energy field create new opportunities for energy professionals; from new positions, to redefined roles, the need for energy managers is increasing.
3. The ability to adapt to changes, embrace new technology and continue to learn is the best way to have a long career in energy management.
4. Top employment areas in the energy sector include: manufacturing and green building design, construction, engineering and retrofitting, with “most energy professionals working as corporate energy professionals, design professionals and implementers” (eco.ca).
5. Education and continued training is the best approach to stay up-to-date with the latest aspects of energy management.
Send us an email and we will respond as soon as possible.