This course will be held in French.
CAN-QUEST is a Canadian adaptation of eQUEST. This powerful energy modelling software can assess and demonstrate performance path compliance with the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2011 (NECB 2011). It can also be used to support the design of high performance commercial and institutional buildings.
This introductory workshop will provide an overview of NECB-2011 and the CAN-QUEST software.
Who should attend?
This short thematic course is ideal for the following clientele:
- Compliance reviewers,
- Code officials
- Empoyers who hire energy modellers (e.g. architects)
- New energy modellers
CIET has been granted the only commercial licence by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) to deliver CAN-QUEST software training in Canada.
- Energy Codes
- Reference Materials
- Compliance Paths – Overview
- Prescriptive Requirements
- Trade-off Path
- Performance Path
- Introduction to CAN-QUEST
- Compliance Modelling
- Proposed and Reference Building
- Performance Path – Factors for Success
The course includes...
- On the training day, you receive your copy of the workbook. This document is included in the course fee.
- Please note that all breakfasts and lunches, as well as the morning and afternoon coffee breaks are also included in the course fee.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may substitute another person in your place without penalty. All cancellations or postponements must be communicated to CIET by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registrations cancelled more than 4 weeks prior to the course starting date: no penalty.
- Registrations cancelled between 2 and 4 weeks prior to the course starting date will be assessed an administration charge of $50.
- Registrations cancelled 2 weeks or less prior to the course starting date will be assessed 50% of the registration fee.