Selling energy efficiency is not easy. Energy efficiency (EE) is virtual, it is something you do not consume. Most often, EE requires an investment today, for savings tomorrow. People do not always take rational decisions and energy efficiency related decisions are not different. Whether you are trying to sell energy efficiency within your organisation, or you are trying to sell EE retrofits, projects or technologies to clients, understanding how people make decisions and how to present information to them in a way that makes sense to them will increase your approval or selling rate. This 1-day workshop draws from time-tested NRCan Dollars to $ense material as well as from first-hand experience from CIET trainers related to EE.
Upon completion of this workshop and supporting activities participants will be able to:
- Determine how best to present EE-related information to every stakeholder
Prepare and present short elevator pitches about their projects or services
Understand the various financial analysis terms and ratios (internal rate of return, payback, net present value, etc.)
Prepare a project financial analysis using a simple spreadsheet and/or RETScreen Expert
Develop and present complete, yet short proposals for energy efficiency projects
Who should attend?
Anyone needing to present EE projects either internally (convincing your manager), or externally (convincing clients)!
The course includes...
- On the first training day, you receive your copy of the workbook. This document is included in the course fee.
- Please note that all breakfasts and lunches, as well as the morning and afternoon coffee breaks are also included in the course fee.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may substitute another person in your place without penalty. All cancellations or postponements must be communicated to CIET by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registrations cancelled more than 4 weeks prior to the course starting date: no penalty.
- Registrations cancelled between 2 and 4 weeks prior to the course starting date will be assessed a $50 administration fee.
- Registrations cancelled 2 weeks or less prior to the course starting date will be assessed 50% of the registration fee.