RETScreen Expert Software is an intelligent decision support tool to enable stakeholders to rapidly identify, assess, optimize and track the performance of clean energy investments over the entire project life cycle.The software can be used to evaluate:
- Clean energy options
- The energy production, savings and costs
- Financial viability and risk for renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies
- GHG Emission reductions
- The performance of implemented projects
Added Value of CIET RETScreen Expert Training
- FREE, fully functional 90-day trial subscription in the days before the training session (value of $200);
- Extremely hands-on and interactive (bring your laptop!) training with several case studies;
- You receive up to 6 Canadian Sustainable Energy Professional (CSEP) points toward a CSEP Distinction;
- CIET provides an attendance certificate including 1.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Energy and GHG Management Training Program for federal employees: Gratis!
This course is eligible for the Energy and GHG Management Training Program offered by the NRCan’s Greening Government Support Services to federal employees. If you want to attend this course, please send an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants will develop their skills in the analysis of all types of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Further, they will develop a sound understanding of the new analysis functions provided by the software, such as the Virtual Energy Analyzer and the Portfolio Analysis Module as well as the monitoring of energy performance data. Upon training completion, participants will be able to:
- Quickly gauge a facility’s energy performance using benchmarking, and evaluate energy costs and savings, GHG reductions and financing viability;
- Determine the energy production and savings potential for any location in the world employing Archetypes;
- Verify the performance of implemented projects and find opportunities for further energy improvements;
- Manage energy across a large number of facilities and achieve energy-related investment goals using the Portfolio Analysis.
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for the following clientele:
- Building owners, industry managers or technical experts
- Engineering firms or professional firms specialized in energy efficiency
- ESCO employees
- Employees responsible for EE program evaluation and operation
- Four 10-question quizzes
- Final 3hr-master case study using most RETScreen Expert features
P.Eng., Energy Engineer
Iram is involved in all aspects of mechanical systems performance analysis and enhancements at Prism Engineering, and has over ten years of experience in managing energy efficiency retrofit projects. He provides conceptual and detailed mechanical design drawings and specifications and carries out installation reviews. His background in feasibility and risk analysis studies, combined with his keen interest in sustainability and energy efficiency, make him a valuable part of our team. Since 2010, Iram has been involved with the development and delivery of online training material, as well as in-class sessions at BCIT for their Sustainable Energy Management Advance Certificate program; teaching courses in building and energy systems, and energy audits.
Iram has facilitated a number of RETScreen Training sessions and is a Canmet Energy approved NRCan RETScreen Trainer. He is also one of the lead trainers for BCIT’s Sustainable Energy Management Associate Certificate program. RETScreen is one of the programs introduced in the Building Systems course.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may substitute another person in your place without penalty. All cancellations or postponements must be communicated to CIET by email at email@example.com.
- Registrations cancelled more than 4 weeks prior to the course starting date: no penalty.
- Registrations cancelled between 2 and 4 weeks prior to the course starting date will be assessed a $200 administration fee.
- Registrations cancelled 2 weeks or less prior to the course starting date will be assessed 50% of the registration fee.