The training will be held in French.
This four-day advanced course on recommissioning (RCx) covers all the stages of the process: planning, investigation, implementation, hand-over and monitoring. These stages are presented in detail to allow trainees to develop a coherent understanding of the entire process and reap all anticipated benefits. The fundamental principles regarding the use of mechanical systems in buildings are discussed and good practices for testing and verification are examined to help trainees develop in-depth understanding of the investigation stage.
To share insight on how to maintain the benefits of the RCx process throughout the life cycle of buildings, the course not only teaches building operating staff on the persistence strategies to be implemented, but also highlights the appropriate interventions in energy monitoring to be carried out by third parties.
This CanmetENERGY (Natural Resources Canada) advanced course on recommissioning (RCx) has trained 75 professionals in the Province of Quebec. Upon course completion, trainees may choose to take a competency examination. The course and examination are both recognised by the Ministère de l'Énergie et des Ressources naturelles of Québec as part of the process of certifying recommissioning agents for mechanical systems in buildings.
Who should attend?
Targeted clients include experienced technical staff, such as:
- Building recommissionning (RCx) service providers
- Building operating staff
- Energy managers
- Engineering professionals with experience in HVAC systems, as well as commercial and institutional buildings operation.
This course is offered in collaboration with CanmetENERGY.
The following topics are covered:
- Effective methods for detecting problems
- Working with the building staff
- Calculating savings
- Implementing RCx measures
- Targeted documentation and training
- Best practices for on-going commissioning
Toute organisation désireuse de réaliser un projet RCx et souhaitant obtenir une subvention du Ministère québécois de l’Énergie et des Ressources naturelles doit faire affaire uniquement avec un agent accrédité en remise au point des systèmes mécaniques des bâtiments. Ces agents doivent obligatoirement avoir suivi le cours avancé de remise au point des bâtiments de Ressources naturelles Canada offert par CIET, ou le Certified Building Commissioning Professsional (CBCP).
Gaz Métro exige que le projet soit réalisé par un agent accrédité en mise au point des systèmes mécaniques des bâtiments par le MERN, notamment ayant obtenu la certification RCx, dans le cadre de son programme de remise au point des système mécaniques des bâtiments.
For more information on the Rcx Agent Certification process, please visit the Remise au point des sytèmes mécaniques de bâtiments page at Transition énergétique Québec.
The course includes...
- On the first day of training, you receive your copy of the Advanced Recommisionning (RCx) Course workbook which is included in the course fee.
- Please note that all breakfasts, lunches, as well as morning and afternoon coffee breaks are also included in the course fee.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may substitute another person in your place without penalty. All cancellations or postponements must be communicated to CIET by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registrations cancelled more than 4 weeks prior to the course starting date: no penalty.
- Registrations cancelled between 2 and4 weeks prior to the course starting date will be assessed an administration charge of $200.
- Registrations cancelled 2 weeks or less prior to the course starting date will be assessed 50% of the registration fee.