You should know that:
- The course begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:30 pm each day, according to CST or Central Standard Time (UTC-06:00 US & Canada).
- We will be using the GoToTraining platform, which has great interactive features.
- We will include dedicated time for questions.
- We will take breaks, just as in a real classroom.
- You will receive the login details by email upon registering to the course.
- We recommend that you use computer audio, rather than connecting by phone, if possible, as well as headphones to avoid sound feedback.
Although the benefits of and justification for energy efficiency (EE) may seem obvious to some of us, this is often not the case for many of our clients and even colleagues. Being able to articulate and present the many positive attributes of EE - from operational cost savings, to conservation, to reduced equipment maintenance - are key to selling EE projects.
Drawing from the experience of our expert instructors as well as from highly relevant material from NRCan’s Dollars to $ense program, CIET has created a 1-day workshop to help you make the case for EE.
Upon completion of this workshop and supporting activities, participants will be able to:
- Determine how best to present EE-related information to every stakeholder
Better present the added value of their EE projects or services
Understand the various financial analysis terms and ratios (internal rate of return, payback, net present value, etc.)
Prepare a project financial analysis using a simple spreadsheet and/or RETScreen Expert
Develop and present complete, effective short proposals for energy efficiency projects
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to all those involved in selling energy efficiency to colleagues or management within their own organization, and also for those who are trying to sell EE retrofits, projects or technologies to external clients.
Stephen Dixon is a freelance energy consultant. As Principal of TdS Dixon Inc., of St. Jacobs, Ontario, he brings a practical, hands-on approach to the challenge of developing the energy management capacities of a broad range of institutional, commercial and industrial organizations. Stephen has accumulated more than 35 years of energy management experience, including more than 800 energy assessments and the facilitation of over 1,700 energy management workshops. Stephen holds an M.A.Sc. in Systems Design Engineering from the University of Waterloo and a B.Sc. in Physics from UPEI.
Stephen’s extensive experience with RETScreen began with his significant contributions to the design and development of RETScreen’s energy efficiency models in RETScreen v4. Subsequently, Stephen’s popular Monitoring Targeting & Reporting Tool featuring simple regression and CUUSM functions inspired and informed the development of the RETScreen Plus Performance Analysis tools. Finally, Stephen provided technical support to the development of RETScreen’s newest version RETScreen Expert. Stephen has successfully delivered over 25 RETScreen training sessions and incorporated RETScreen training into more than 100 energy management training workshops.
Mr. Cappon is a Senior Manager with more than 10 years experience with both medium and large-sized organizations and corporations. He has a strong track record in establishing stakeholder relations, educational management, adult education programming and implementation, new business development and strategic planning and has proven success in working with high-value programs and budgets. He also has experience in program implementation, operational management, policy development, and trend monitoring.
The course includes...
- You will receive a PDF copy of the training material by email during the week prior to the course.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may send another person in your stead without incurring any penalty. CIET must be advised of any replacement, cancellation or postponement via email at email@example.com.
The following fees apply for:
- Rescheduling your registration to another course:
- At least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: $50 administrative fee;
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 15% of regular course fees.
- Cancelling your registration :
- At least 2 weeks prior to the course : no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the course: $150 administrative fee or 10% of regular course fees (whichever is greater);
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 25% of regular course fees.