This course will run throughout Remembrance Day (Nov 11th). Although not a statutory holiday in most provinces, we recognize and appreciate the importance of remembering the men and women who have served and continue to serve our country during times of war, conflict and peace in Canada.
You should know that :
- The course begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:30 pm each day, according to CST or Central Standard Time (UTC-06:00 US & Canada).
- We will be using the GoToTraining platform, which has great interactive features.
- We will include dedicated time for questions.
- We will take breaks, just as in a real classroom.
- You will receive the login details by email upon registering for the course.
- We recommend that you use computer audio, rather than connecting by phone, if possible, as well as headphones to avoid sound feedback.
- The four 10-question quizzes and final 3-hour master case study will be done on your computer.
The RETScreen Expert Software is an intelligent decision support tool to enable stakeholders to rapidly identify, assess, optimize and track the performance of clean energy investments over the entire project life cycle. The software can be used to evaluate:
- Clean energy options
- Energy production, savings and costs
- Financial viability of and risks related to renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies
- GHG emission reductions
- The performance of implemented projects
As an approved RETScreen Expert training provider, CIET provides each participant with a fully functional 90-day trial subscription in the days before the training session (value of $200). In the meantime, participants can download the software in Viewer mode completely free of charge.
Participants develop their skills in the analysis of all types of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Furthermore, they develop sound understanding of the new analysis features provided by the software, such as the Virtual Energy Analyzer and the Portfolio Analysis module, as well as learn to monitor energy performance data. Upon training completion, participants will be able to:
- Quickly gauge a facility’s energy performance using benchmarking, as well as evaluate energy costs and savings, GHG reductions and financial viability
- Determine the energy production and savings potential for any location in the world by using Archetypes
- Verify the performance of implemented projects and find opportunities for further energy improvements
- Manage energy across a large number of facilities and achieve energy-related investment goals using the Portfolio Analysis module
- Automate and link data sources and other software tools directly with RETScreen Expert using the RETScreen Connect advanced scripting tool
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for the following clientele:
- Building owners, industry managers or technical experts
- Engineering firms or professional firms specialized in energy efficiency
- ESCO employees
- Employees responsible for EE program evaluation and operation
- Four 10-question quizzes
- A final 3-hour master case study using most RETScreen Expert features
Training Schedule (click the image to see it in full screen)
There will be an optional but appreciated 45-min informal networking session at the end of the first day so you can get to know your fellow participants better; it starts after the Q&A at around 5:15 pm CST.
Stephen Dixon is a freelance energy consultant. As Principal of TdS Dixon Inc., of St. Jacobs, Ontario, he brings a practical, hands-on approach to the challenge of developing the energy management capacities of a broad range of institutional, commercial and industrial organizations. Stephen has accumulated more than 35 years of energy management experience, including more than 800 energy assessments and the facilitation of over 1,700 energy management workshops. Stephen holds an M.A.Sc. in Systems Design Engineering from the University of Waterloo and a B.Sc. in Physics from UPEI.
Stephen’s extensive experience with RETScreen began with his significant contributions to the design and development of RETScreen’s energy efficiency models in RETScreen v4. Subsequently, Stephen’s popular Monitoring Targeting & Reporting Tool featuring simple regression and CUUSM functions inspired and informed the development of the RETScreen Plus Performance Analysis tools. Finally, Stephen provided technical support to the development of RETScreen’s newest version RETScreen Expert. Stephen has successfully delivered over 25 RETScreen training sessions and incorporated RETScreen training into more than 100 energy management training workshops.
Adam brings a new and fresh approach to energy management, specializing in energy performance analysis and residential sector services. Adam works behind the scenes as an energy analyst in support for energy audits while also providing support to the development of TdS Dixon’s well known energy training services.
The course includes...
- You will receive a PDF copy of the training material by email during the week prior to the course.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may send another person in your stead without incurring any penalty. CIET must be advised of any replacement, cancellation or postponement via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following fees apply for:
- Rescheduling your registration to another course:
- At least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: $50 administrative fee;
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 15% of regular course fees.
- Cancelling your registration :
- At least 2 weeks prior to the course : no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the course: $150 administrative fee or 10% of regular course fees (whichever is greater);
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 25% of regular course fees.