You should know that :
- This session is offered in French.
- The course begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:30 pm each day, according to EST or Eastern Standard Time (UTC-05:00 US & Canada).
- We will be using the GoToTraining platform, which has great interactive features.
- We will include dedicated time for questions.
- We will take breaks, just as in a real classroom.
- You will receive the login details by email upon registering for the course.
- We recommend that you use computer audio, rather than connecting by phone, if possible, as well as headphones to avoid sound feedback.
- The four 10-question quizzes and final 3-hour master case study will be done on your computer.
The RETScreen Expert Software is an intelligent decision support tool to enable stakeholders to rapidly identify, assess, optimize and track the performance of clean energy investments over the entire project life cycle. The software can be used to evaluate:
- Clean energy options
- Energy production, savings and costs
- Financial viability of and risks related to renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies
- GHG emission reductions
- The performance of implemented projects
As an approved RETScreen Expert training provider, CIET provides each participant with a fully functional 90-day trial subscription in the days before the training session (value of $200). In the meantime, participants can download the software in Viewer mode completely free of charge.
Participants develop their skills in the analysis of all types of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Furthermore, they develop sound understanding of the new analysis features provided by the software, such as the Virtual Energy Analyzer and the Portfolio Analysis module, as well as learn to monitor energy performance data. Upon training completion, participants will be able to:
- Quickly gauge a facility’s energy performance using benchmarking, as well as evaluate energy costs and savings, GHG reductions and financial viability
- Determine the energy production and savings potential for any location in the world by using Archetypes
- Verify the performance of implemented projects and find opportunities for further energy improvements
- Manage energy across a large number of facilities and achieve energy-related investment goals using the Portfolio Analysis module
- Automate and link data sources and other software tools directly with RETScreen Expert using the RETScreen Connect advanced scripting tool
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for the following clientele:
- Building owners, industry managers or technical experts
- Engineering firms or professional firms specialized in energy efficiency
- ESCO employees
- Employees responsible for EE program evaluation and operation
- Four 10-question quizzes
- Final 3hr-master case study using most RETScreen Expert features
Training Schedule (click the image to see it in full screen)
There will be an optional but appreciated 45-min informal networking session at the end of the first day so you can get to know your fellow participants better; it starts after the Q&A at around 5:15 pm EST.
Michel Parent has a Bachelor’s (Laval – 1986) and a Master’s degree (Waterloo – 1988, Solar Energy) in Mechanical Engineering. From 1988 to 1990, he was in charge of the Solar Laboratory at the National Institute of Scientific Research in Varennes. He then joined the Energy Group at the Industrial Research Center of Quebec from 1991 until 1996. Since 1996, M. Parent is a partner in a consulting engineering firm, Technosim, specializing in energy efficiency. Technosim has offices in Quebec and Ontario.
Mr. Parent is specialized in energy efficiency in the commercial, institutional and industrial sectors. He has performed numerous audits across North America, which were used in developing long term energy management plans. Mr. Parent is an Existing Building Recommissioning (EB Cx) Agent and has performed recommissioning for over 5 million square foot of office and retail properties across Canada. He is a certified Existing Building Commissioning Professional (EBCP). Mr. Parent is a lead trainer for the Advanced Recommissioning Course developed for the Canadian Federal Government. Mr. Parent is also a Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) and has developed and implemented many M&V plans compliant with the IMPVP standard. He has also worked on M&T projects implementation to insure continuous improvements to building efficiencies within the context of his EB Cx projects. Mr. Parent has developed training modules for large corporate clients to insure persistence of savings following EB Cx projects as well as on-going improvements. Mr. Parent was also retained by OEE to develop and pilot the introductory recommissioning courses. Mr. Parent is also recognized as an expert energy simulator by LEED and has performed many LEED simulations as well as third party reviews of energy simulations. Mr. Parent has performed over 100 reviews of EE4/eQuest simulations, including many required for LEED submissions. Mr. Parent is a recognized LEED technical reviewer. He is one of the three trainers, recognized by the Office of Energy Efficiency (OEE), in the use of the simulation tool EE4 used for LEED applications. Furthermore, he was contracted by Natural Resources Canada to evaluate the possible adaptations and usefulness of using Portfolio Manager within the Canadian market as a recommissioning tool.
Mr. Parent has been involved with RETScreen since its initial development. He has been in charge of developing the ground source heat pump module for RETScreen as well as being a technical reviewer for the solar (air and water) heating module, the wind energy module and photovoltaic modules of the initial versions of RETScreen. Mr. Parent is also an experienced RETScreen user, having been using the tool since its initial development until today in numerous feasibility analysis studies for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.
The course includes...
- You will receive a PDF copy of the training material by email during the week prior to the course.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may send another person in your stead without incurring any penalty. CIET must be advised of any replacement, cancellation or postponement via email at email@example.com.
The following fees apply for:
- Rescheduling your registration to another course:
- At least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: $50 administrative fee;
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 15% of regular course fees.
- Cancelling your registration :
- At least 2 weeks prior to the course : no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the course: $150 administrative fee or 10% of regular course fees (whichever is greater);
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 25% of regular course fees.