Important COVID-19 Update: CIET switches to virtual real-time classroom!
Schedule and Logistics
Considering the current situation, CIET is bringing most of its spring training sessions to you through virtual real-time classrooms. You should know that :
- The course will begin at 8:30 am and end at 5:00 pm each day, according to (GMT-08:00) Pacific [US & Canada] time.
- We will be using GoToTraining platform which has great interactive features.
- We will include dedicated time for questions.
- We will take breaks, just as in a real classroom.
- You will receive the login details by email upon registering to the course.
- We recommend that you use computer audio, rather than connection by phone if possible as well as headphones to avoid sound feedback.
- The four 10-question quizzes and final 3-hour master case study will be done on your computer.
RETScreen Expert Software is an intelligent decision support tool to enable stakeholders to rapidly identify, assess, optimize and track the performance of clean energy investments over the entire project life cycle.The software can be used to evaluate:
- Clean energy options
- The energy production, savings and costs
- Financial viability and risk for renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies
- GHG Emission reductions
- The performance of implemented projects
As an approved RETScreen Expert training provider, CIET will provide each participant with a fully functional 90-day trial subscription in the days before the training session (value of $200). In the meantime, participants can download the software in Viewer mode completely free-of-charge.
Participants will develop their skills in the analysis of all types of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Further, they will develop a sound understanding of the new analysis functions provided by the software, such as the Virtual Energy Analyzer and the Portfolio Analysis Module as well as the monitoring of energy performance data. Upon training completion, participants will be able to:
- Quickly gauge a facility’s energy performance using benchmarking, and evaluate energy costs and savings, GHG reductions and financing viability.
- Determine the energy production and savings potential for any location in the world employing Archetypes.
- Verify the performance of implemented projects and find opportunities for further energy improvements.
- Manage energy across a large number of facilities and achieve energy-related investment goals using the Portfolio Analysis.
- Automate and link data sources and other software tools directly with RETScreen Expert using the RETScreen Connect advanced scripting tool.
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for the following clientele:
- Building owners, industry managers or technical experts
- Engineering firms or professional firms specialized in energy efficiency
- ESCO employees
- Employees responsible for EE program evaluation and operation
- Four 10-question quizzes
- A final 3-hour master case study using most RETScreen Expert features
P.Eng., Energy Engineer
Iram is involved in all aspects of mechanical systems performance analysis and enhancements at Prism Engineering, and has over ten years of experience in managing energy efficiency retrofit projects. He provides conceptual and detailed mechanical design drawings and specifications and carries out installation reviews. His background in feasibility and risk analysis studies, combined with his keen interest in sustainability and energy efficiency, make him a valuable part of our team. Since 2010, Iram has been involved with the development and delivery of online training material, as well as in-class sessions at BCIT for their Sustainable Energy Management Advance Certificate program; teaching courses in building and energy systems, and energy audits.
Iram has facilitated a number of RETScreen Training sessions and is a Canmet Energy approved NRCan RETScreen Trainer. He is also one of the lead trainers for BCIT’s Sustainable Energy Management Associate Certificate program. RETScreen is one of the programs introduced in the Building Systems course.
The course includes...
If you register before end of day Tuesday, June 2, 2020 you will receive your copy of the workbook at your home or office before the course starts.
If YOU CANNOT ATTEND THE COURSE :
Please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
CIET always has a free registration-postponement policy and is happy to apply it to all types of postponements, including in the current context of the COVID-19 outbreak. If we have another session of the same course on our calendar, we’ll gladly reschedule your registration to that date if desired. If not, we’ll keep your registration and inform you of our new fall 2020 training dates, which should be announced in May-June. Your registration and payment can then be applied, without additional fees, to any new training session.
Should you still wish to cancel, we’ve temporarily suspended our cancellation policy and there are no fees for any cancellation effective immediately.