Schedule and Logistics
You should know that :
- This course will be offered in French.
- The course will begin at 9:00 am and end at 4:30 pm each day, according to EST or Eastern Standard Time (UTC-05:00 US & Canada).
- We will be using GoToTraining platform which has great interactive features.
- We will include dedicated time for questions.
- We will take breaks, just as in a real classroom.
- You will receive the login details by email upon registering to the course.
- We recommend that you use computer audio, rather than connection by phone if possible as well as headphones to avoid sound feedback.
- The Thursday afternoon will be spent for Q&A questions, while the exam will be done remotely. You would need to make an appointment with Proctor U for the exam at a future date. Details will be provided the week before the course.
The Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP ®) is the most recognized designation in measurement and verification providing a wide range of benefits to help you thrive in your occupation. It is awarded by Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) in conjunction with the Efficiency Valuation Organization (EVO).
The CMVP training covers all methods applied for the M&V of Energy Efficiency (EE) projects and includes, namely, the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP®).
CMVP is a registered trademark of AEE. IPMVP is a registered trademark of EVO.
- Raise the professional standards of those engaged in M&V
- Improve the practice of M&V by encouraging professionals to partake in a continuing education program for professionals
- Identify persons with the required knowledge of M&V principles and practices by completing the certification program while fulfilling prescribed standards of performance and conduct
- Award special recognition to professionals who demonstrate a high level of M&V competence and ethical standards
Who should attend?
- Building owners or industry stakeholders who wish to measure energy savings generated by their projects
- Building owners or industry stakeholders who wish to partner with ESCOs to implement Energy Efficiency (EE) projects
- Employees in charge of operating and evaluating EE programs
- Engineering or professional firms specialised in EE
- ESCO employees who conduct energy audits, prepare Measurement and Verification (M&V) plans and monitor project savings
EVO offers the Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP®) program in Canada in collaboration with CIET as the delivery agent and the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) as the certification body
|AWARDED BY||IN CONJUNCTION WITH|
Training Schedule (click the image to see it in full screen)
There will be an optional but appreciated 45-min informal networking session at the end of the first day so you can get to know your fellow participants better; it starts after the Q&A at around 5:15 pm CST.
Ms. Gauthier is an energy efficiency and renewable energy expert advising the public sector and private organizations in the residential, commercial and industrial sectors. She cumulates more than 18 years of experience in the energy efficiency, natural gas and the pulp and paper industries. She has an engineering background and holds a Master degree from the Georgia Institute of Technology. She holds numerous recognized energy management certifications titles such as the Certified Energy Manager and Certified Measurement and Verification Professional. She was also one of the first few Quebec’s Natural Resources and Wildlife Department recommissioning accredited professionals.
Ms. Gauthier specializes in the assessment of technology and the integration of renewable energy technologies to conventional technologies. She has conducted various energy audits in the commercial and industrial sector and has hands-on experience with energy performance contracts, including with the Canadian Government’s Federal Building Initiative. She has also participated in national and international projects on the development of regulations for mandatory energy audits, mandatory annual reporting of energy usage and action plans, minimum energy performance standards and energy efficiency labeling. Finally, she is a seasoned trainer for CIET, instructing several courses every year in both French and English.
Each applicant for the CMVP certification must attend AEE’s three-day Fundamentals of Measurement & Verification training program prior to sitting for the CMVP exam. Exams are administered at each seminar site following each scheduled seminar. Each candidate for CMVP certification must pass the four-hour written exam as well as meet one of the following criteria:
Four-year degree in science, engineering, architecture, business, law, finance, or related field;
Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) or
Registered Architect (R.A.)
At least 3 years of experience in energy or building or facility management, or measurement and verification
Two-year technical degree, or four-year non-technical degree in a field not specified above
At least 5 years of experience in energy or building or facility management, or measurement and verification
At least 10 years of experience in energy or building or facility management, or measurement and verification
Current status of Certified Energy Manager (CEM®)
Certified Measurement & Verification Professional in Training Option
If you do not meet one of the eligibility criteria above, you can still apply for an in-training certification, CMVP-IT. In order to gain the in-training certification, you must attend a CMVP preparatory training seminar, submit the CMVP/CMVP-IT certification application and pass the CMVP certification examination. The CMVP-IT certification is valid for six years, which allows you time to meet the full CMVP certification eligibility requirements.
The CMVP certification is recognized, required and otherwise supported in numerous public and private entities. In Canada, the CMVP is frequently listed as a key qualification on job announcements, but IPMVP and CMVP are most notably recognized in the following ways:
- The Independant Electricity System Operator (IESO) lists CMVP as a highly advisable status under its EM&V Protocols and Requirements.
- Consistency with IPMVP is part of IESO’s Project Measurement and Verification Procedures.
- The City of Toronto has required evaluators of claims for electrical savings have a CMVP for its Better Buildings Partnership – Existing Buildings Program.
- The IESO subsidizes 50% of training fees for the CMVP program under their saveONenergy Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) Certification Incentive.
- GazMétro requires that a CMVP carries the M&V project under its Energy efficiency: Feasibility studies and implementation incentives program.
- Efficiency New Brunswick (ENB)’s M&V Manual refers heavily to the IPMVP.
The Government of Alberta’s Quantification Protocol for Energy Efficiency in Commercial and Institutional Buildings require the Protocol to be applied either by a CMVP or a Certified Energy Manager (CEM).
The Independant Electricity System Operator (IESO) recognizes the CMVP program as a qualifying certification in their Incentive Program for Building System Audits.
You know the CMVP is required or recognized elsewhere? Please let us know!
STEP ONE: REGISTER FOR THE SEMINAR
All CMVP candidates must complete theFundamentals of Measurement & Verification 3-day Training Program. After completing your seminar registration, go to STEP TWO below.
STEP TWO: COMPLETE YOUR CMVP CERTIFICATION APPLICATION
Certification application is now done online! You can access CIET’s Online Certification Platform here.
For your first certification, you will need to create an account, which will allow you to apply for other certifications in the future, to upgrade your certification (i.e. from CMVPIT to CMVP and, in the near future, to renew your certification.
The CMVP exam is administered at each seminar site, on the afternoon of day three of the seminar.
Notification of Exam Results
Within thirty days of the date of the exam, you will be notified of your score. Your CMVP Application form must be submited before your score can be released. Do not call CIET about your test results before the end of the thirty-day period.
Review by Certification Board
If you receive a passing score and have submitted your CMVP Application form, and if your file is complete including all supporting documents, your file will be sent to the Certification Board for final review. You will be notified at that time that you will receive the Board’s approval or denial within sixty days.
Use of CMVP Designation
A Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP) may use the designation with name on organization letterhead, business cards, and all forms of address. Certification is for individuals only. The CMVP designation may not be used to imply that an organization or firm is certified.
Your completed application must be received at least 3 weeks prior to the course. After this date, you may be required to complete a waiver on-site if your name is not pre-registered on the exam sign-in list.
A CMVP must accumulate ten professional credits every three years and submit a completed Renewal Form to the Certification Renewal Director to remain certified. CMVP renewal notices are mailed in the 3rd year of certification six months prior to the expiration date, which falls on December 31 of that year.
For Additional Information About CMVP Certification…
If you have any questions about CMVP certification, please contact the Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET) at
The course includes...
- If you register before 12pm EST, Wednesday November 18, 2020 you will receive your copies of the Manuel Intro to M&V, IPMVP Core Concepts and Statistics and Uncertainty at your home or office before the course starts.
- This course will include tips and tricks on how to use the RETScreen Expert Clean Energy Management software to apply learnings, as well as a free 90-day subscription to the Professional mode of RETScreen Expert, which you will receive at the end of the course.
The following fees apply for:
- Rescheduling your registration to another course:
- At least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: $50 administrative fee;
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 15% of regular course fees.
- Cancelling your registration :
- At least 2 weeks prior to the course : no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the course: $150 administrative fee or 10% of regular course fees (whichever is greater);
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 25% of regular course fees.