The Certified Measurement and Verification Professional® (CMVP ®) is the most recognized designation in measurement and verification providing a wide range of benefits to help you thrive in your occupation. It is awarded by Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) in conjunction with the Efficiency Valuation Organization (EVO).
The CMVP training covers all methods applied for the M&V of Energy Efficiency (EE) projects and includes, namely, the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol® (IPMVP®).
CMVP is a registered trademark of AEE. IPMVP is a registered trademark of EVO.
- To raise the professional standards of those engaged in measurement and verification
- To improve the practice of measurement and verification by encouraging professionals to partake in a continuing education program of professional development for measurement and verification professionals
- To identify persons with acceptable knowledge of the principles and practices of measurement and verification through completing the certification and fulfilling prescribed standards of performance and conduct
- To award special recognition to those professionals who have demonstrated a high level of competence and ethical fitness in measurement and verification
- Building or industry owners who wish to measure the energy savings generated by their projects.
- Building or industry owners who wish to partner with ESCOs to implement Energy Efficiency (EE) projects.
- Employees responsible for EE program evaluation and operation.
- Engineering firms or professional firms specialized in energy efficiency.
- ESCO employees required to conduct energy audits, prepare Measurement and Verification (M&V) plans or monitor project savings.
This course is offered in collaboration with EVO, AEE, CTC Experts and ABESCO.
|AWARDED BY||IN CONJUNCTION WITH|
- Introduction and Key Concept
- Short Examples
- M&V Planning
- M&V Planning (cont’d)
- Hot Topics
- Retrofit Isolation Details
- Option C Details
Option D Details, Adjacent Measurement Periods
- More Examples
Agenor Gomes Pinto Garcia
Agenor Garcia is an energy efficiency consultant, trainer in M&V (measurement and verification) courses, including EVO CMVP and a researcher in the university. He is graduated in electrical engineering and has a doctorate in Energy Planning (his thesis about energy efficiency auctions in Brazil became a book). He used to work for 25 years in industries, in maintenance and project departments. He is working in energy efficiency for 17 years in ESCOs, energy planning and public policies. He now lives in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
Each applicant for the CMVP certification must attend AEE’s three-day Fundamentals of Measurement & Verification training program prior to sitting for the CMVP exam. Exams are administered at each seminar site following each scheduled seminar. Each candidate for CMVP certification must pass the four-hour written exam as well as meet one of the following criteria:
Four-year degree in science, engineering, architecture, business, law, finance, or related field;
Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) or
Registered Architect (R.A.)
At least 3 years of experience in energy or building or facility management, or measurement and verification
Two-year technical degree, or four-year non-technical degree in a field not specified above
At least 5 years of experience in energy or building or facility management, or measurement and verification
At least 10 years of experience in energy or building or facility management, or measurement and verification
Current status of Certified Energy Manager (CEM®)
Certified Measurement & Verification Professional in Training Option
If you don’t yet meet the education or experience eligibility requirements for the CMVP, but succesfully pass the exam, you will be awarded the Certified Measurement & Verification Professional in Training (CMVPIT ®) certification.
STEP ONE: REGISTER FOR THE SEMINAR
All CMVP candidates must complete theFundamentals of Measurement & Verification 3-day Training Program. After completing your seminar registration, go to STEP TWO below.
STEP TWO: COMPLETE YOUR CMVP CERTIFICATION APPLICATION
The CMVP exam is administered in the afternoon of day three of the seminar.
Notification of Exam Results
Within thirty days of the date on which AEE receives your exam, you will be notified of your score. Your CMVP Application form must be submited before your score can be released. Exam results are not available on EVO’s or AEE’s website.
Review by Certification Board
If you have submited your CMVP Application form, and if your file is complete including all supporting documents, your file will be sent to the Certification Board for final review. You will be notified at that time that you will receive the Board’s approval or denial within sixty days.
Use of CMVP Designation
A Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP) may use the designation with name on organization letterhead, business cards, and all forms of address. Certification is for individuals only. The CMVP designation may not be used to imply that an organization or firm is certified
Your completed application must be received at least 3 weeks prior to the course.
For information on maintaining your certification, please visit AEE’s website.
For Additional Information About CMVP Certification…
If you have any questions about CMVP certification, please write, call or email:
Michelle Zakin, CMVP Certification Director
Association of Energy Engineers
4025 Pleasantdale Road, Suite 420
Atlanta, GA 30340
(770) 447-5083, ext. 219