You should know that:
- The course begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:30 pm according to CST or Central Standard Time (UTC-06:00 US & Canada).
- We will be using the GoToTraining platform, which has great interactive features.
- We will include dedicated time for questions.
- We will take breaks, just as in a real classroom.
- You will receive the login details by email upon registering for the course.
- We recommend that you use computer audio, rather than connecting by phone, if possible, as well as headphones to avoid sound feedback.
The Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET) now offers the Fundamentals of Compressed Air Systems training from the Compressed Air Challenge®(CAC). During this 1-day course, you will learn how to calculate and reduce the costs of compressed air in your facility and how to gain better control of compressed air for optimum reliability and productivity. You’ll use data from your facility and complete hands-on exercises with emphasis on bottom-line results. Furthermore, you will know how to focus on getting results when you return to your plant.
Who should attend?
This course is offered in collaboration with the Compressed Air Challenge.
Training Schedule (click the image to see it in full screen)
The following topics will be covered:
Why Care About Air?
Study Your Supply Side
Understand Your Demands
Are You on Base?
Stay Under Control
Maintain System Efficiency
Get With the Plan
Ron Marshall has been employed with Manitoba Hydro, the crown owned electricity and gas utility in Manitoba, Canada since 1977. He is a Certified Engineering Technologist , and has received certification as an Energy Manager, Demand Side Management and Measurement and Verification Professional through the Association of Energy Engineers.
Ron was the first Canadian participant to qualify as a DOE AIRMaster+ specialist. He has worked in the industrial compressed air field since 1995 as an Industrial Systems Officer for Manitoba Hydro’s Customer Engineering Services Department. Ron is Manitoba Hydro’s industrial compressed air systems expert and his efforts contribute to the utility’s Power Smart Performance Optimization program, a utility incentive program that supports industrial customer energy audits and electrical and gas efficiency projects.
Ron is a member of Compressed Air Challenge’s Project Development Committee and Chair of CAC’s Marketing working group. He is a frequent contributor to various CAC related magazine articles.
The course includes...
- You will receive a PDF copy of the training material by email during the week prior to the course.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may send another person in your stead without incurring any penalty. CIET must be advised of any replacement, cancellation or postponement via email at email@example.com.
The following fees apply for:
- Rescheduling your registration to another course:
- At least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: $50 administrative fee;
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 15% of regular course fees.
- Cancelling your registration :
- At least 2 weeks prior to the course : no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the course: $150 administrative fee or 10% of regular course fees (whichever is greater);
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 25% of regular course fees.