You should know that:
- The course begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:30 pm each day, according to CST or Central Standard Time (UTC-06:00 US & Canada).
- We will be using the GoToTraining platform, which has great interactive features.
- We will include dedicated time for questions.
- We will take breaks, just as in a real classroom.
- You will receive the login details by email upon registering for the course.
- We recommend that you use computer audio, rather than connecting by phone, if possible, as well as headphones to avoid sound feedback.
CAN-QUEST is a Canadian adaptation of eQUEST. This powerful energy modelling software can assess and demonstrate performance path compliance with the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2011 (NECB 2011). It can also be used to support the design of high performance commercial and institutional buildings. This hands-on 2-day advanced workshop provide specific training on the software and explores its features as well as the modelling process.
Upon training completion, participants will be able to:
- Prepare an energy model in CAN-QUEST
- Use Wizards to set up preliminary models
- Use Detailed Mode for accurate modelling
- Understand DOE reporting and calculations
- Use CAN-QUEST and eQuest as a compliance tool
Who should attend?
This short thematic course is ideal for the following clientele:
- Energy-related design decision makers
- Energy modellers
- Electrical engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Engineers and technicians
CIET has been granted the only commercial licence by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) to deliver CAN-QUEST software training in Canada.
Training Schedule (click the image to see it in full screen)
- Wizard – set up the energy model in Can-Quest or eQuest
– Project and Site Data (building type, location, seasons)
– Shells and Zoning (building shells, 3D-viewer, zoning principles, space types, importing custom footprints and zoning)
- Run the Simulation
- Important Files
- Detailed Interface – Execute the Energy Model
– Creating Schedules in CAN-QUEST
– Envelope (building up walls, roofs, windows and floors, below-grade construction and reference building envelope)
– Internal Loads (lighting and equipment)
– Water-side HVAC (loops, boilers, chillers, heat rejection, pumps, controls, reference building)
– Air-side – HVAC (system basics, fans, outdoor air, cooling, heating)
- Run the Simulation and Results
- Create Compliance Run
- Case Study
P.Eng, LEED AP, ASHRAE CPMP, CEM
Andrej is a senior professional mechanical engineer with over 15 years of experience in building systems. He has in-depth knowledge of LEED, energy simulations and commissioning. Andrej strives to help engineers improve their designs, contractors deliver fully operational systems, and building operators acquire advanced knowledge of complex building systems.
The course includes...
- You will receive a PDF copy of the training material by email during the week prior to the course.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may send another person in your stead without incurring any penalty. CIET must be advised of any replacement, cancellation or postponement via email at email@example.com.
The following fees apply for:
- Rescheduling your registration to another course:
- At least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: $50 administrative fee;
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 15% of regular course fees.
- Cancelling your registration :
- At least 2 weeks prior to the course : no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the course: $150 administrative fee or 10% of regular course fees (whichever is greater);
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 25% of regular course fees.