About this program
An interactive virtual training event, held over 2 days with multiple instructors.
**Please note: This event is for International (non-US) participants only. US participants will not be permitted to attend. Register for the US Annual CEM Update here.**
First - Watch the Overview Video Here
This two-day program is specifically designed to update Certified Energy Managers (CEM) on the most current energy-related trends, strategies, best practices, technologies, and regulations. If you are an existing CEM that needs a refresher, or a lapsed CEM that needs AEE credits to get re-certified, this course is a great place to start.
All attendees are CEM "graduates," which elevates the interactions between attendees and enhances networking opportunities. There is no homework or exam, which in turn makes this one of AEE's most "fun" programs to attend. It is also only provided once a year, before AEE World Energy Conference and Expo, which allows attendees to participate in the full conference and expo.
Attendance is limited to ensure an optimal exchange of ideas and best practices between participants.
Virtual Classroom Experience
Virtual Attendees can participate in a fully interactive, instructor-led classroom environment from the comfort of your own home or office. An ideal solution for those with travel, time, or budget restrictions.
Each participant will receive an electronic copy of the Annual Update for CEMs Training Manual.
What You Need To Attend Virtually
You should know that :
- The course will begin at 7:00 am and end at 3:00 pm each day, according to EST or Eastern Standard Time (UTC-05:00 US & Canada).
- We will be using GoToTraining platform which has great interactive features.
- We will include dedicated time for questions.
- We will take breaks, just as in a real classroom.
- We will alternate trainers to ensure the course changes pace during the week.
- You will receive the login details by email upon registering to the course.
- Online Broadband (non-secured) bandwidth of 3 Mbps. A wired connection is highly recommended.
- A Webcam (Required)
- A Microphone & Speakers/Headphones OR Headset. We recommend that you use computer audio, rather than connection by phone if possible as well as headphones to avoid sound feedback.
An exam is not administered during this program and the program does not provide an AEE certification. Attendees with lapsed CEM certifications may contact AEE to find out how to renew their CEM certification.
This course is designed to help CEMs, including energy managers, energy engineers, facility and business managers, industrial engineers, supply chain professionals, utility officials, consultants, contractors, financial officers, and energy service company professionals become more aware of and effective at identifying and implementing the best energy management strategies.
Please note: This event is designed for International (non-US) participants only.
*Participants must attend for the duration to earn CEUs. Sessions are live in real-time and will not be recorded.
This course is offered in collaboration with AEE.
The program is designed to benefit a broad base of attendees. It is updated annually across a wide range of topics, including:
- Energy management technologies, strategies, best practices, and global trends
- New Regulations that could affect your organization
- Funding mechanisms & advanced presentation techniques to help you get projects approved
Also, the Instructors/Guest Speakers cover topics that are currently relevant to CEMs. This content varies each year. Hot Topics for 2020 include:
- COVID-19 Adjustment Strategies and Discussion
- Success Tips from an engineer who built an energy-related company from a negative NPV during a recession…and sold it for $10 Million only 3 years later. He will give you advice on how to get out of a “rut” and “thrive” during tough times.
- Updated Global Energy Trends and Outlook
- New Opportunities in Energy Procurement
- Will Electrification lead to Electrocution of the Natural Gas Industry?
- Financing Mechanisms to get projects done
- Examples of energy projects with 100% return on investment (one-year simple payback)
- Funny Energy Fails
- Leadership Skills for Engineers
- An Overview of new 2020 CEM Workbook (in color) and updated tables for calculating savings
- “Highlights” of key new CEM materials (helps you better estimate savings)
Technical Updates and Case Studies on:
- Tax Benefits for FY 2018-2020, (179d, Bonus Depreciation and others)
- Renewables (with new detail on Solar and Geothermal advances)
- HVAC Tech (Variable refrigerant flow, Chilled Beams, and Condensing Boilers; ECM Motors Advancements)
- Dynamic demand-side management and utility rebates
- LED lighting (UVC Lighting as a COVID mitigation strategy)
- Artificial Intelligence, “Big Data” and Energy Management
- Other new Technologies
Dr. Woodroof has trained thousands of professionals, who are now saving billions in avoided energy expenses and global pollution. He continually learns from working with these professionals, and he brings this collective knowledge back to his clients and students during his seminars and keynotes.
Dr. Woodroof has over 100 publications and also serves as Chairman of the Energy Management Professional Council. He has received Department of Energy Awards and is the youngest member ever inducted into two separate Hall of Fames related to Energy Engineering.
Dr. Woodroof can be reached at: eric@ProfitableGreenSolutions.com