You should know that:
- The course begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:30 pm each day, according to CST or Central Standard Time (UTC-06:00 US & Canada).
- We will be using the GoToTraining platform, which has great interactive features.
- We will include dedicated time for questions.
- We will take breaks, just as in a real classroom.
- You will receive the login details by email upon registering for the course.
- We recommend that you use computer audio, rather than connecting by phone, if possible, as well as headphones to avoid sound feedback.
The advanced measurement and verification training program is a hand on training program in measurement and verification, building on theoretical knowledge acquired through the CMVPs training and certification. This 2-day program covers several statistical tools as well as various examples and case studies as well as actual development of an M&V plan. The training is based on the 35+ year international experience in M&V of CIET’s parent company, Econoler.
CMVP designation is not required, but strongly recommended.
Who should attend?
- Building owners and industry stakeholders who wish to measure project energy savings
- Building owners and industry stakeholders who wish to partner with ESCOs to implement energy efficiency (EE) projects
- Employees in charge of operating and evaluating EE programs
- Engineering and professional firms specialized in EE
- ESCO employees who prepare M&V plans
This course is offered in collaboration with the firm Econoler Inc.
Training Schedule (click the image to see it in full screen)
Statistical Tools for M&V (Day 1)
This one-day module recaps the main features of M&V and focuses on the use of various statistical tools for developing M&V plans, such as: sampling, linear regression (including multi-variable regression), and uncertainty calculations. Exercises to be carried out reinforce the learning process.
Practical Examples and Case Studies (Day 2)
Practical examples are reviewed for IPMVP Options A, B and C for the following cases: lighting, motors and variable speed drives, compressed air, heat recovery systems and commercial buildings. Attendees also perform calculations for these cases. The day concludes with the development of an M&V plan for an industrial process.
Ms. Gauthier is an energy efficiency and renewable energy expert advising the public sector and private organizations in the residential, commercial and industrial sectors. She cumulates more than 18 years of experience in the energy efficiency, natural gas and the pulp and paper industries. She has an engineering background and holds a Master degree from the Georgia Institute of Technology. She holds numerous recognized energy management certifications titles such as the Certified Energy Manager and Certified Measurement and Verification Professional. She was also one of the first few Quebec’s Natural Resources and Wildlife Department recommissioning accredited professionals.
Ms. Gauthier specializes in the assessment of technology and the integration of renewable energy technologies to conventional technologies. She has conducted various energy audits in the commercial and industrial sector and has hands-on experience with energy performance contracts, including with the Canadian Government’s Federal Building Initiative. She has also participated in national and international projects on the development of regulations for mandatory energy audits, mandatory annual reporting of energy usage and action plans, minimum energy performance standards and energy efficiency labeling. Finally, she is a seasoned trainer for CIET, instructing several courses every year in both French and English.
The course includes...
- You will receive a PDF copy of the training material by email during the week prior to the course.
If you are unable to attend the course, you may send another person in your stead without incurring any penalty. CIET must be advised of any replacement, cancellation or postponement via email at email@example.com.
The following fees apply for:
- Rescheduling your registration to another course:
- At least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the course: $50 administrative fee;
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 15% of regular course fees.
- Cancelling your registration :
- At least 2 weeks prior to the course : no fee;
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the course: $150 administrative fee or 10% of regular course fees (whichever is greater);
- No show (after the beginning of the course): 25% of regular course fees.