Controls & Equipment, Ltd.
Since 1997, over 30,000 representatives of industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) organizations from across Canada have enrolled in Natural Resources Canada’s Dollars to $ense energy management workshops. In 2016, Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET) set up the most capable and experienced team of energy management trainers in Canada and won an exclusive licence from Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) for delivering the workshops across the country.
Controls & Equipment, Ltd. contacted CIET for delivering an energy management training session. After reviewing the training materials that CIET had available to meet the training needs indicated, a training plan was suggested, as summarized below, to cover modules from the Dollars to $ense training package.
2.5 Days for Automation Technicians:
- Module #8 – Energy Fundamentals
- Module #9 – Energy Rates
- Module #10 – Seven Steps to Saving Energy
- Module #12 – Energy-saving Calculations
- Module #13 – Motors, Fans, Pumps Savings & VSDs
- Module #24 – Fundamentals of Energy-monitoring
- Module #25 – Analytical Tools for Energy-monitoring
- Module #26 – Monitoring and Verification of Savings
Half a Day for Account Managers:
- Module #5 – Financial Analysis of Energy Savings
- Module #6 – Business Case for Energy Savings
The course was an in-house session for the client’s employees. The session was delivered and hosted on April 5-7, 2017 by Ms. Shelley Kerr.
Employees of Controls and Equipment, Ltd. received highly interactive and hands-on classroom training, including real-equipment demonstrations, facilitated by a knowledgeable and experienced professional trainer.