Brookfield hired the Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET) to deliver a nine day Building Operator Certification (BOC) on site training program. BOC was developed by the Northwest Energy Efficiency Council (NEEC) based in Seattle, WA. In 2013, the Ontario Power Authority (OPA) awarded a contract to CIET to update and adapt the BOC materials for delivery in Canada.
CIET delivered an on-site BOC course for Brookfield’s staff between February 24, and April 16, 2014 at the client’s venue in Toronto, Canada.
The nine-day training program consisted of the following eight training modules:
- BOC-1001/Energy-efficient Operation of Building HVAC Systems (2 days)
- BOC-1002/Measuring and Benchmarking Energy Performance (1 day)
- BOC-1003/Efficient Lighting Fundamentals (1 day)
- BOC-1004/HVAC Controls Fundamentals (1 day)
- BOC-1005/Indoor Environmental Quality (1 day)
- BOC-1006/Common Opportunities for Low-cost Operational Improvements (1 day)
- BOC-1007/Facility Electrical Systems (1 day)
- BOC-1008/Operation and Maintenance Practices for Sustainable Buildings (1 day)