Position: Welcome Desk Receptionist
Occasional • Ottawa
The Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET) is specialized in developing and delivering training and certification programs related to energy efficiency and effective energy management. Since 1996, it has offered a wide range of training programs on sustainable energy across Canada. The CIET is the exclusive training organization authorized by the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) to provide training for its certification programs in Canada, including the Certified Energy Manager (CEM), the Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP), the Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) and the Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP). The CIET is also the exclusive Canadian licensee for the Northwest Energy Efficiency Council (NEEC) Building Operator Certification (BOC) program.
The CIET will be providing federal-government employees with training in energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) management in Ottawa. So, the CIET is looking for a part-time receptionist who will man the welcome desk at the CIET’s Ottawa training courses and occasionally proctor certification exams when necessary. This receptionist reports to the CIET’s Training Coordinator.
- Greet trainees and ensure that only those trainees who have properly registered for a specific training session are allowed to attend the training;
- Assist the trainer with setting up the audiovisual equipment and ensure that the venue is ready to receive trainees by working closely with the venue staff;
- Provide customer services to trainees and trainers as needed over the first 2 hours of each training session;
- Distribute promotional information regarding upcoming CIET training programs;
- Occasionally proctor certification exams and ensure that the CIET’s confidentiality and certification requirements are properly met.
- This is a long-term, part-time position. Work hours are estimated at 25 hours for the CIET’s 2018 winter-spring training sessions, and 15 hours for the fall sessions. However, the CIET cannot guarantee a minimum number of work hours, because the delivery of all of its training sessions depends on the number of trainees enrolled.
- Typical work schedule: 7:00 am – 10:30 am (3.5 hours).
- Salary: $25/hour.
- Start date: February 20, 2018.
Background and Qualifications
- College diploma
- Customer service experience, preferably in a training environment
If you value customer service and are reliable, professional and ready to help us enhance our excellence in training and uphold our quality standards, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on February 15, 2018.