The IPMVP® is the energy savings verification protocol most commonly used in the world. Many individuals, such as institution owners and leaders, energy managers and ESCO service suppliers need to develop a general understanding of the methods used to conduct measurement and verification (M&V), though they do not have to possess in-depth expertise as certified CMVP® professionals would.
This one-day training, offered in collaboration with the Efficiency Valuation Organization (EVO®), presents the principal M&V and IPMVP concepts by outlining the central purpose of M&V, summarising the possible usages of M&V methods and stressing the need to conduct M&V calculations based on each project’s specific characteristics. This training is intended for staff and managers in charge of financing and regulations, as well as for technicians who require basic understanding of the role played by M&V in supporting investment in energy efficiency activities.
- Understand the basic concepts of how to carry out M&V activities to measure and verify energy efficiency projects
- Learn about the contents of M&V plans
- Develop understanding about the practical aspects of implementing M&V plans
- Identify accuracy limitations of M&V activities
- Building owners and industry stakeholders who wish to measure project energy savings
- Building owners and industry stakeholders who wish to partner with ESCOs to implement Energy Efficiency (EE) projects
- Employees in charge of operating and evaluating EE programs
- Engineering and professional firms specialised in EE
- ESCO employees who prepare M&V plans
This course is offered in collaboration with EVO and the AEE.