RETScreen Expert Software is an intelligent decision support tool to enable stakeholders to rapidly identify, assess, optimize and track the performance of clean energy investments over the entire project life cycle.The software can be used to evaluate:
- Clean energy options
- The energy production, savings and costs
- Financial viability and risk for renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies
- GHG Emission reductions
- The performance of implemented projects
Added Value of CIET RETScreen Expert Training
- Two trainers:
- Stephen Dixon, is the most experienced and recognized energy management trainer in Canada and has extensive experience in training on and developing the RETScreen Expert software;
- Michel Parent, has been involved with RETScreen since its initial development. He has been in charge of developing the ground source heat pump module for RETScreen as well as being a technical reviewer for the solar (air and water) heating module, the wind energy module and photovoltaic modules of the initial versions of RETScreen.
- They both have more than 25 years of experience.
- The CIET CRE is eligible for the IESO saveONenergy 50% training incentive, lowering fees to approximately $250 per day;;
- FREE, fully functional 90-day trial subscription in the days before the training session (value of $200);
- Extremely hands-on and interactive (bring your laptop!) training with several case studies;
- FREE access to 3 CIET On-demand Webinars (EE in Climate Change Mitigation Action – Policy and Program Strategies; Canadian Energy Codes in 120 Minutes; Understanding Carbon Cap-and-Trade), a value of $265!
- Training assistant present for the duration of the training for more personalized learning;
- Short presentation by a power user of RETScreen Expert;
- You receive up to 6 Canadian Sustainable Energy Professional (CSEP) points toward a CSEP Distinction;
- CIET provides an attendance certificate including 1.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs);
Participants will develop their skills in the analysis of all types of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Further, they will develop a sound understanding of the new analysis functions provided by the software, such as the Virtual Energy Analyzer and the Portfolio Analysis Module as well as the monitoring of energy performance data. Upon training completion, participants will be able to:
- Quickly gauge a facility’s energy performance using benchmarking, and evaluate energy costs and savings, GHG reductions and financing viability;
- Determine the energy production and savings potential for any location in the world employing Archetypes
- Verify the performance of implemented projects and find opportunities for further energy improvements.
- Manage energy across a large number of facilities and achieve energy-related investment goals using the Portfolio Analysis
This program is ideal for the following clientele:
- Building owners, industry managers or technical experts
- Engineering firms or professional firms specialized in energy efficiency
- ESCO employees
- Employees responsible for EE program evaluation and operation
CRE Certification (Free and included in training fees for 2017!)
- Four 10-question quizzes
- Final 3hr-master case study using most RETScreen Expert features