The Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP ®) is the most recognised designation in measurement and verification and provides a wide range of benefits to help you thrive in your field. CIET is the exclusively authorised Canadian trainer of the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) for delivery of the Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) training and certification program.
The Efficiency Valuation Organization (EVO®), in partnership with the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), established this certification. The CMVP training covers all methods applied for M&V of energy efficiency projects and includes, namely, the latest version of the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP®).
- Raise the professional standards of those engaged in M&V
- Improve the practice of M&V by encouraging professionals to partake in a continuing education program for professionals
- Identify persons with the required knowledge of M&V principles and practices by completing the certification program while fulfilling prescribed standards of performance and conduct
- Award special recognition to professionals who demonstrate a high level of M&V competence and ethical standards
- Building owners or industry stakeholders who wish to measure energy savings generated by their projects
- Building owners or industry stakeholders who wish to partner with ESCOs to implement Energy Efficiency (EE) projects
- Employees in charge of operating and evaluating EE programs
- Engineering or professional firms specialised in EE
- ESCO employees who conduct energy audits, prepare Measurement and Verification (M&V) plans and monitor project savings