Greenhouse gas emissions are at the heart of an increasing number of regulations, policies, programs and standards that impact all sectors of the economy. They all come with a set of obligations and requirements, and they create economic and operational risks for many organisations, but also some quite lucrative opportunities for others.
This full-day course presents the most important policies and regulations aiming at the overall reductions of GHG emissions and how they might drive investments in green technologies and energy efficiency measures. CCG will specifically focus on detailing the different regulations at the provincial and the federal level and their difference and similarities with other mechanisms around the world. We will explain the Cap-and-Trade Program and why companies can no longer afford not to have a plan for managing their carbon emissions and its implications. Finally, we will provide business examples and insights about how to make carbon management a key success factor for small to large organizations while providing benefits to the society and the environment.
Energy and GHG Management Training Program for federal employees: Gratis!
This course is eligible for the Energy and GHG Management Training Program offered by the NRCan’s Greening Government Support Services to federal employees. If you want to attend this course, please send an email at: email@example.com
- Know the regulatory ecosystem that relates to greenhouse gas emissions
- Understand the price on carbon mechanisms and the risk and corresponding opportunities
- Identify the legal obligations of cap-and-trade participants
- Assess the risk for GHG emitting organizations
Who should attend?
- Executives and managers whose budgets and profitability are impacted by carbon-related issues
- Engineers and energy managers whose projects and processes are responsible for GHG emissions or emission reductions
- Professionals interested in carbon financing
- Risks and opportunities assessment experts
- Individuals who want to acquire expertise and a set of skills that is increasingly in demand